T-DRILL PCS 8+ Pipe Cutting System
Easy, fast and safe T-DRILL Pipe Cutting System (PCS) for making cuts on
pipes and tubes of different materials. Whether it is any of the plastics to
copper, cast iron soil pipe, carbon or stainless steel the square cut and less
prep time equal improved profit. Fragments and sparks are kept to a minimum and
fall close to the blade guard.
The TCT (tungsten carbide) blade is for
common use such as plastic, copper and carbon steel.
The Cermet (ceramic
tips) blade is for the above applications plus stainless steel.
disk is for cutting cast iron.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is the T-DRILL Pipe Cutter patented?
Yes, T-DRILL Pipe Cutter is globally patented.
2. Can the blade be sharpened?
Yes, the TCT and Cermet blades can be sharpened 2-3 times. The sharpening can be
performed in a professional sharpening machine shop.
3. How many times can I cut with one blade?
It is almost impossible to predict the durability of a certain type of a blade. How long the
blade will last depends on, among other things:
• The material to be cut,
• The wall thickness of the pipe,
• The feeding speed while cutting,
• The feeding speed when starting the cutting; the blade meets the outer surface of
• Naturally, the user’s experience, and working habits influence also the durability of
4. Is it possible to cut horizontally a pipe that is vertically located?
Yes, it is possible. If performing this task, two things are critical:
• The weight of the pipe above the cutting point has to be considered, and
• Supporting pieces have to be installed into the cutting gap. Otherwise, the blade will
get stuck towards the end of the cutting.
5. Has the T-DRILL pipe cutting products been officially approved, and are they certified?
In the manufacturing, the following EU directives are followed: 98/37/EU and 98/336/EEC.
The machines fulfill the following standards:
• EC 50144-1 (2000)
• EC 50144-2-5
• EC 55014-2 (1997)
EC 61000-3-3 (1995) + Am.Al (2001)
If you have any questions or want any further information on PCS 8+,
please contact sales(at)t-drill.fi